Other Consular Services
1. The Birth Certificate can be provided to an MRP applicant or someone having a Bangladeshi passport but does not have Birth Certificate and intends to have it. In order to process Birth Registration by this Embassy, the following should be done:
2. Requirements for Birth Registration:
- a) Duly filled in Birth Registration form.
You need to take a print out of the form and fill in the same manually.
- b) Original Bangladeshi passport along with photocopy (page 1-7).
- c) One recent passport size photograph.
- d) As for child – (i) his/her detailed Birth Certificate issued by the local authorities (where parents name and details are included) and (ii) Parents’ Bangladeshi original passports along with photocopy.
Requirements for Death Certificate:
a. Passport of the deceased person;
b. 2(two) passport size photographs;
c. Death/Medical certificate issued by local health authorities;
d. Filled up Death Registration application Form.
Power of Attorney
Attestation of Power of Attorney by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka:
- a) Physical presence of the executant(s) at the High Commission to sign in front of the consular officer.
- b) (two) sets (one original and one photo copy) of unsigned Power of Attorney document completed as per the format (Schedule-Ka, Form-3).
- c) A valid Bangladeshi passport
- d) Two Copies of recent passport size photograph (colour photo with white background) for each of the executant(s) and attorney.
- If the deed is related to Land Property, then it is required to submit the copy of updated tax receipt (Dakhila) of respective land and update Record of Rights (Khatian/ Porcha)
- e) After signing the documents, you need to make a photocopy of the entire document and submit the same at Counter-4 of the consular section for onward submission to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
- The original and photo copy of Power of Attorney document must be attested by the MOFA, Dhaka within 2 months from the date of signing at the High Commission.
Note: Power of attorney is not permissible in case of divorce. We shall be able to attest the divorce paper only.
Attestation of documents
1. What do we attest?
We attest different types of documents that include: educational certificates, mark sheets, transcripts, marriage certificate, birth/death certificate, marital status certificate, guardianship certificate, police clearance certificate, bank statements, translated documents, divorce paper etc. Power of Attorney documents can not be attested as per the instruction of the, 'The Power of Attorney Act-2015.
2. Requirement for Attestation:
- a) The documents originated in Bangladesh must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka while the documents originated in Bhutan must be attested by the Bhutanese Foreign Ministry.
- b) For attestation of signature, the applicant must come in person with valid passport and a passport size photograph. There is a prescribe form for signature attestation and applicant needs to sign therein in front of the consular officer.
Police Clearance Certificate
The Police Clearance Certificate for the Bangladeshi citizens residing in abroad is issued from the respective Police Station in Bangladesh. The applicant can apply directly or through nominated relatives to the concerned police station of the permanent residence.
Requirement for Police Clearance Certificate:
- 1) An application addressed to the Superintendent of Police or Police Commissioner of the concerned district (according to the permanent address of the applicant).
- 2) A photocopy of passport duly attested by the consular officer of the Embassy. Applicant must submit the copies of passport that bears the particulars of the applicant. Expired passport will not be accepted.
- 3) Main copy of treasury chalan worth Tk. 500 in favour of code 1-2201-0001-2681 from any branch of Bangladesh Bank/Sonali Bank (home and abroad).
- 4) If necessary, the police authority may ask for additional documents.
Note: A further details on the Police Clearance Certificate is available here.
1. A Travel Permit is issued to a Bangladeshi citizen who does not possess a valid Bangladeshi Passport but intends to return to Bangladesh.
2. Requirements for Travel Permit:
- a) Duly filled in Travel Permit application form
- b) Copy of previous passport.
- c) Digital Birth Certificate.
- d) Three passport size photographs.
- e) Physical presence of the applicant at the Embassy for an interview.