How to Apply?
Step-1: MRP Re-issue Application:
- Manually filled in MRP Application Form (please click here to download a copy of the form).
- No need to fill in online MRP Application Form.
Step-2: Booking Online Appointment:
No Prior booking is required.
Step-3: Submission of MRP related documents:
- The applicant should come to the Embassy in person along with required documents on the scheduled date and time specified in the online appointment.
- Need to submit the required documents and pay fee at the counter.
- An interview may be required prior to the enrolment if any anomaly/anomalies found in the supporting documents.
Step-4: Biometric Enrolment:
The applicant should keep in mind that actual time for biometric may vary depending upon various factors. Normally you should plan for 1-2 hours to complete the biometric procedure.
- Applicant’s finger prints, signature on the electronic pad and photograph will be taken at the bio-enrolment booth.
- During your enrolment you will be provided with a proof copy of your passport information. Please check the accuracy of the information carefully since these will be reflected in your passport. The Embassy shall not be responsible for any such mistakes.
- The original passport will be verified here and returned to the applicant along with a delivery slip.
- The applicant should retain the delivery slip carefully without which MRP will not be delivered. If lost, a police report is mandatory to collect the MRP.
Step-5: MRP processing time and Delivery of passport:
- Normally an MRP is ready for delivery within 40-45 days from the date of enrolment. However, due to police verification and inaccuracy of the information provided by the applicant, it may take a longer time than it is expected.
- An auto generated delivery date appears on the delivery slip. Please ignore this date of delivery.
How to Collect:
- Once the passport is received by this Embassy from the DIP/Dhaka, a text message will be sent to applicant to collect the passport.
- Upon receiving the text, the applicant should come to the Embassy in person in any working day between 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
- Applicants are requested to come along with old passport, delivery slip and any other documents if specified by the enrolment official. MRP will be handed over together with the old passport (with necessary observation seal).
- If applicant doesn’t come and send anybody to collect the Passport in favour of the applicant, it is necessary to send an authrisation of the applicant. Without authorisation with proper signature, no passport will not be delivered.
- Manually filled in MRP Re-issue Application Form
- Original MRP along with a photocopy (page 2-3).
- Application related to complete changes of applicant's antecedent (i.e Name of applicant/ father/ mother) will not be received
- In case of reissue, only old MRP photocopies have to be attached with reissue form. In this case applicants' photograph is not required to be atached with it.